Monday, January 4, 2010

T-shirt Quilts

Happy New Year everyone!

I hope everyone had as wonderful of a holiday season as I did! A white Christmas, my family all together, a lot of sleeping in. Very relaxing and refreshing. But alas, the wonderful Christmas/New Year's break is over -- Although I have quilted sporadically over the past two weeks, the time has come to really get back to work. Nose to the grindstone, actually work everyday. I am very thankful and feel truly blessed to have a job that I love, love, LOVE! So you will hear no complaining from me.

Now that Christmas is over and I can't ruin any one's surprise, I would like to share some of the t-shirt quilts made by SoSews Quilts that were given as Christmas gifts this year.

All five of these quilts were made for a lady who recently lost her husband. Her husband loved wolves and Mickey Mouse - and his large collection of t-shirts and sweatshirts reflects it.

These quilts are a wonderful way for her daughters, granddaughter, and god-daughters to remember him.

Some of the shirts had very large designs which didn't fit into the normal 15 inch square. We worked around that, no problem.


These quilts are just a little more custom than usual!

Because almost all the t-shirt designs in this quilt were over sized, it is sewn together in a random layout - no sashing, no borders. Very unique.

But honestly, the way I sew the quilt together isn't what makes the quilt special. It is all the wonderful memories these quilts will bring back - now and for many years to come - of the husband, dad, grandpa & god-father that they all loved.
That is why I love my job. God bless you ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment